Terms of service
411num is a service that aggregates information publicly available online and helps you to find other people and connect with them.
411num searches the web in real-time for publicly available data linked to names, just in the same manner as Google, Bing or any other web search engine processes general queries.
- Website – this web site, including programming code, databases, design and Content.
- 411num/We – the administration of the Website.
- User/You – person using the Website at least 18 years old, legally capable to enter agreements. If you are using the Website on behalf of any legal entity (company), you must have the authority to enter agreements on its behalf.
- Search results Page in real-time aggregates information and hyperlinks related to a search query that combines any first and last name (ex. «John» + «Doe»). The Search results’ Page may refer to multiple entries. The Search results’ Page is dynamic: its content may differ each time the search query is entered.
- User page, Your page – contains the Profile of the particular person. (ex. John M. Doe; (111) 222 3333; 1 Main Str., Small City, 20005, Major Country).
- Content - texts, graphics, images or other intellectual property owned by 411num, Users or any third party. Such information as names, addresses, phone numbers, genders, age, etc. is not considered as Content.
To access some 411num features you have to log in using your Facebook account. We do not have access to your Facebook password. We do not store any information from your Facebook account. You are responsible for safeguarding the details of your Facebook account and for any activities or actions under your Facebook login at 411num.
Registered Users have access to their search history. You can disable search history option in your profile. In this case your search queries will not be saved and accessible.Removing your Information
We completely respect your privacy rights. It is easy to remove Your Page from the Website - just go through the following steps:
- In your browser’s address line copy Your Page URL, which you want to be removed.
- Go to the 411num privacy page and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- In the fields under “Remove Your Listing” enter Your Page URL and your email address.
- After your hit “Remove this Listing” button, a confirmation link will be sent to your email address.
- Follow this confirmation link to complete the process.
Please note, that we are not able to remove or otherwise block Search results Pages. Search results Pages are not equal to Your Page. There might be a number of Users with the same first and last name. Thus, each Search results Page consolidates real-time search results relating to all available “same-names”. Moreover, we do not own, keep or process any information or Content that appears on Search results Pages. This information or Content is hosted on other websites, such as social networks, white pages and other various publicly available online directories. 411num provides only hyperlinks to that information or Content and its snippets covered by “fair use” doctrine.
If you do not want to be included in the Search results Pages, the only way to escape it is to finetune the privacy setting of your publicly accessible profiles on social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn etc.) and white pages listings. Most of these services let users block their profiles or data from search engines’ crawlers.Personal information
We reserve the right to access, preserve, and disclose any information which is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, Users and the public.
411num is not responsible for advertisements and their content, placed by Google or by any other online advertising platform on the Website, including Search results Pages and User Page. We cannot control how these advertisements are displayed. It depends on algorithms used by online advertising platforms, user's geographical location, user’s search history and other factors.Intellectual property. License
All information or Content, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such information or Content.
411num may not monitor, filter or control the third party’s information or Content automatically aggregated on Search results Pages, User Pages, or otherwise posted on the Website. We cannot take responsibility for such information or Content.
You retain your rights to any Content you submit or display on the Website. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on the Website, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for 411num to provide, promote, and improve the Website and to make Content submitted to the Website available to other companies, organizations or individuals. Such additional uses by us, or other companies, organizations or individuals, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit or otherwise make available through the Website.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect Users to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us.
Please note, that we will not be able to remove or otherwise block Search results Pages and/or their Content or information, since we do not host or own it. For that, you will have to contact the sources of the Content, information.
If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- your contact information, including your address, phone number, and an email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please send notices of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Website using Contact Us page.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability.Use of the Website. Restrictions
We reserve the right at all times (but are not obliged) to remove or refuse to distribute any information or Content, to terminate Users without liability to you or any third parties.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Website:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Website, 411num’s computer systems, or the systems of 411num’s service providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, search, crawl or scrape the Website by any means (automated or manual) other than through search interface integrated into the Website;
- interfere with or disrupt the access of any User, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding the Website, or by artificially creating an undue burden on the Website.
We do not endorse, support or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, relevance or reliability of any information provided through the Website. We do not warrant that the Website or any information provided through the Website is up-to-date. The Content and/or information appearing on the Website could include descriptive, semantic, technical, typographical, photographic and other kinds of errors and discrepancies.
Any use of the Website or reliance on any information or materials posted on, or received through the Website is at your own risk.
You are responsible for your use of the Website, for any information and/or Content you provide, and for any consequences of posting any such information and/or Content, including the use of your information by other Users.
We are not responsible for:
- the content, services or availability of third parties’ web sites that you access using links and advertisements located on the Website;
- the availability, performance, functionality or any consequences of your use of any third parties’ components, software, modules built into or otherwise integrated and available through the Website. You should examine and rely on terms of services and other policies, applied by those third parties - owners and distributors of such software (ex. Microsoft Corporation for Bing Maps).
The service is provided "as is" and "as available". We disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We are not liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of the Website, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from your violation of any third-party's rights. You agree that you will use it carefully and avoid using it in ways which might result in any loss of your or any third party's property or information.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM:
- YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE;
- ANY CONDUCT, INFORMATION OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES;
- ANY CONTENT AND/OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF 411num EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00).
The limitations of this subsection shall apply to any theory of liability, whether based on warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise and whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of any such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.Changes to the Website. Termination
We may, without prior notice, change the Website; limit or stop providing the access to the Website or to some features of the Website, to you or to Users generally; or create any other usage limits for the Website.
You may end your agreement with 411num at any time for any reason by deactivating your account and discontinuing your use of the Website. If you stop using the Website without deactivating your account, it may be deactivated due to inactivity at our sole discretion, and without liability.
We may terminate your account or cease providing you the access to all or part of the Website at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to:
- you create risk or possible legal exposure for us;
- we decided that running the Website is no longer viable.
Last updated: January 5, 2013